Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install my printer Canon MP250 onto my Macbook Air?

I am trying to download a printer driver to connect my mac air with my printer canon MP250 series. Does anybody know how or where can I download and install one? I downloaded the driver from the Canon website but I don't think I dowloaded the right one. I've tried to go to Printers and scanners in system preferences then click the + button to add the printer. Then it finds my printer and I click on it, but the screen says "Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printers manufacturer for the latest software". Then I go to this website: http://usa.canon.com/cusa/windows_7/multifunction_printers/inkjet/pixma_mp250?se lectedName=DriversAndSoftware and I have no idea what to download. Can anyone help??

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 9:56 AM in response to harrywordman

Okay I downloaded that driver and installed it. When I click on my downloads folder the file ends in ".dmg" But stil, nothing happens after installation. When I go to system, printers, -I can see my printer but then it still gives me the error, "Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printers manufacturer for the latest software" Am I missing a step?

How do I install my printer Canon MP250 onto my Macbook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.