Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove Trojan-SMS.OS.Stealer.a. in my iPhone?

My iPhone 5, yesterday when opens Game Center, open an window saying: "Your apple iphone maybe was infecte with Trojan-SMS.OS.Stealer.a.". I was surfing at the net andI don´t saw anything about. Can someone help me, Please? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:50 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 12:59 PM in response to jopni

This sounds like a typical tech support scam. Did the message also provide a phone number to call for help?

That malware is actually Android malware. Unless you have done something to install an app from outside the App Store, such as jailbreaking your phone, you can't have malware on your iPhone. And even if you did, there's nothing that would scan for malware and alert you to its presence. So there's no legit reason that you could be seeing this message.

I'm a bit unclear on the sequence of events, though. I've never heard of this kind of thing happening in Game Center. Can you be more specific about exactly where the message appeared and what you were doing just before?

Apr 21, 2015 2:55 PM in response to thomas_r.

Hi thomas_r.

Thanks for your answer. To be more exactly...Usually i like to play a game Sudoku. The game is from Apple store, I have it from my first iPhone. I was to intend to begin a new game and suddenly the game center open and in the same second, a new window open saying that - in portuguese:

http://settings.device.service.com--appservice.com

Warning: Your's iPhone maybe was infected with Trojan-SMS.OS.Stealer.a.

Then I switch the iPhone to Flight mode.

Thanks for your answer and your help.

Apr 21, 2015 4:26 PM in response to jopni

I'm guessing this is an ad-supported free game. If so, it sounds like the game has a problem with some of its ads. Perhaps their ad provider has been hacked, or duped into serving ads with malicious intent. You should report this to the maker of that game. You should find information about the developer on the App Store page for that game.

How can I remove Trojan-SMS.OS.Stealer.a. in my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.