Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my iPod onto my new apple account from my old account? It always ask's me for my old password, which I can't remember, and no longer have the email address. Thanks

How do I change my daughter's iPod onto my new apple account from my old account? It always ask's me for my old password, which I can't remember, and no longer have the email address. Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:02 AM

Purchases are locked to the account that purchased them. Thus first try to recovery use of the original account.

Also, yo have obtain use of the original account to deactivae the Activation Lock

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Is there a way to find my Apple ID Name if I can't remember it?

Yes. Visit My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID. See Finding your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

The method includes if you do not have access to your original email account.

The

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

CHANGE ID

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

The ID is used in the following locations and you have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 9:02 AM in response to jcapple1

Purchases are locked to the account that purchased them. Thus first try to recovery use of the original account.

Also, yo have obtain use of the original account to deactivae the Activation Lock

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Is there a way to find my Apple ID Name if I can't remember it?

Yes. Visit My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID. See Finding your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

The method includes if you do not have access to your original email account.

The

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

CHANGE ID

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

The ID is used in the following locations and you have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

Jan 17, 2016 11:15 AM in response to lllaass

I had the exact same problem on my wife's new phone and iPad. What I ended up doing actually worked after several hours of frustrating trial and error along with an hour on the phone. I went to settings>iCloud and selected sign out. The window pops up requesting the password for the old account. I entered the password until it locked the iCloud account. In order to unlock the account it took me through the verification security questions. I anwered the questions, reset the password as prompted. Then it began to sign out. A new verification window popped up. I selected not now, and it continued signing out. I was able to sign in with the new iCloud address and the password I just created.

Good luck.

Hope it works for you too!

How do I change my iPod onto my new apple account from my old account? It always ask's me for my old password, which I can't remember, and no longer have the email address. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.