Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi syncing, can wifi sync from iTunes on my mac fine, but I can't initiate wifi sync from my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3, the iPhone advises me to plug into the laptop to set up wifi syncing. No amount of turning on/off, force closing has worked

Wifi syncing issue, I can wifi sync from iTunes on my mac without issue, my iPhone shows up just as it should, but I can't initiate wifi sync from my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3, the iPhone advises me to plug into the laptop to set up wifi syncing, which I can do, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. No amount of turning on/off, checking/unchecking the sync over wifi button, force closing apps, restarting iTunes or my mac has made any difference, I even tried doing a full iPhone restore. Doesn't appear to be affected by networks, my iPhone can't see my mac on any network I've tried. Any thoughts?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:27 AM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 12:04 PM in response to chippy_j

Greetings chippy_j,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that Wi-Fi syncing is not working as you would expect. You have completed some great troubleshooting steps already as well. To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over the steps in the attached article and working through any suggested troubleshooting that you have not yet completed such as restarting your network router and checking firewall settings.

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi syncing - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Apr 25, 2015 12:20 AM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks for your response Joe,

I had worked my way through the suggested link before I decided to try a restore on my iPhone. However despite already trying 2 different routers it turns out it was actually something to do with the router as I connected my iPhone and laptop to a friends airport express as a further test and everything worked fine.

It currently doesn't work when I'm at home as I've been unable to identify what exactly the setting on my router or firewall is that's causing the problem, despite quite an extensive search. The next step will be to contact my ISP or router manufacturer I guess

John

wifi syncing, can wifi sync from iTunes on my mac fine, but I can't initiate wifi sync from my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3, the iPhone advises me to plug into the laptop to set up wifi syncing. No amount of turning on/off, force closing has worked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.