Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Taking a time-lapse of the sun?

I want to take a time-lapse of the entire day outside my window, but the sun will appear and I am worried that it will damage my iPhone 6's camera. Are there any accessories that will let me film the sun? I also realized that there might not even be enough storage space to even film the time-lapse itself. Help?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:56 AM

I'd suggest studying the scene so you can determine where the arc of the sun passes and avoid aiming there. Shield the camera so it doesn't get an indirect flare from the Sun neither, cause yes, it does have the potential to wreck the device.

The only way you could take a shot of the sun would be with adequate blocking protection, like welder's glasses. Downside is that the rest of the scene would be pitch black.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Poiqz

I'd suggest studying the scene so you can determine where the arc of the sun passes and avoid aiming there. Shield the camera so it doesn't get an indirect flare from the Sun neither, cause yes, it does have the potential to wreck the device.

The only way you could take a shot of the sun would be with adequate blocking protection, like welder's glasses. Downside is that the rest of the scene would be pitch black.

Taking a time-lapse of the sun?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.