Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple gift cards

Can Apple sell a gift card that works for all stores (iTunes, Mac, Apps etc.) Can Apple make it clearer of the limitations of the present gift cards?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:28 PM

For info we are fellow users here on these forums, you're not talking to iTunes support nor Apple.

iTunes gift cards and App Store gifts cards are redeemed onto your iTunes account, so can be used in all of the stores where you use that account : iTunes, App Store, Mac App Store and iBookstore.

Apple Store gift cards can only be used in the Apple online store and their bricks-and-mortar stores.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 12:28 PM in response to deeceemusick

For info we are fellow users here on these forums, you're not talking to iTunes support nor Apple.

iTunes gift cards and App Store gifts cards are redeemed onto your iTunes account, so can be used in all of the stores where you use that account : iTunes, App Store, Mac App Store and iBookstore.

Apple Store gift cards can only be used in the Apple online store and their bricks-and-mortar stores.

Apr 21, 2015 12:42 PM in response to King_Penguin

I am aware of that. 😀 I was trying to start a discussion or maybe voice my frustrations... Lol. To ask directly and start a conversation, why the need to segregate the gifts cards to their respective stores and create confusion with folks who buy the gift cards? I understand Apple is making loads of money and doesn't need my advice. Just a thought.

Apple gift cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.