Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos are missing from my old iphoto albums with upgrade to photos

Have just done the latest upgrade to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Tried to open iPhoto and it said I needed to upgrade as the version I had did not work with the upgrade. However was then told the upgrade is not available to buy in New Zealand? So instead I am to use Photos. The problem being when I opened Photos some of my photos have disappeared from my iPhoto albums that now sit is Photos as projects? Why has this happened and why can I not upgrade to the new iPhoto so it does not happen?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:46 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 4:37 PM in response to cath-from-newzealand

There is definitely something strange going on with the iPhoto upgrade. Especially since it is recommended BEFORE migrating to Photos. Hopefully Apple will sort it out soon.

ARe you sure images are missing? Turn Sidebar on through the View menu. Under the Albums heading, you should see an album named iPhoto Events. Are your missing images and events there?

Photos are missing from my old iphoto albums with upgrade to photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.