Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are gray lines running horizontally on my screen. Does warranty cover it?

I have the MacBook Pro Retina from 2014 and recently when I opened my computer I found small gray/black lines running horizontally on the screen. I researched the issue and apparently the lcd screen is broken. I haven't dropped it and the screen isn't broken. Sometimes they flicker. Anyway what might be the cause, what is it and is it covered in the warranty?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:33 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2015 11:30 PM in response to martin098

Hey Martin, were you able to fix it successfully and was it covered in the warranty?

I am having the exact same problem, except that one of the lines was black in the end. I moved the monitor back and forth, and it became grey like the others. They only appear in the top 7-10cm of the screen though. Macbook Pro 13" Retina Late 2014. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 as well.

I also noticed a lot of people with similar problems in older threads. Please share some good news.

There are gray lines running horizontally on my screen. Does warranty cover it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.