Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar not synching with Macbook calendar

Birthdays on my phone are not syncing with with the calendar on my MBP.

It looks like appointments are but not Birthdays. Even with the imbedded Birthday Calendar on my MBP, there are no dates in there.

I'm sure there is some simple setting but I can't figure it out.

My phone is fine, everything I need is on it, my computer calendar is what is off.

What am I missing?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:47 PM

The Birthdays calendar is automatically generated from the Contacts database. It doesn't sync directly. You would have to enable it in the Calendar settings on both devices, and also sync your contacts.

12 replies

Apr 22, 2015 12:54 PM in response to mewkiss

Back up all data. If you have iCloud calendars, archive them by following the instructions on this page under the heading "Downloading a calendar from iCloud.com." All you need is a web browser, not the Calendar application. Do the same with any other network calendars you have, if possible.

Before taking each of these steps, quit (force quit if necessary) the application. After taking the step, relaunch and test. When the problem is resolved (or when you complete Step 3 without resolving it), stop and close the Library folder.

Step 1

Hold down the option key and select

Go Library

from the Finder menu bar. From the folder that opens, move these items (some may not exist) to the Trash, leaving the Library folder open:

Calendars/Calendar Cache

Calendars/Calendar Cache-shm

Calendars/Calendar Cache-wal

Step 2

Move these files from the Library folder to the Desktop (again, some may not exist):

Containers/com.apple.CalendarAgent (and any others with a name beginning in "com.apple.Calendar")

Containers/com.apple.iCal (and any others with a name beginning in "com.apple.iCal")

Preferences/com.apple.CalendarAgent.plist

Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist

If the problem is resolved, you may be able to put back some of the items you moved in this step, relaunching and testing after each one. Eventually you may find the one that caused the problem; delete it. Recreate your settings as necessary.

If the problem still isn't solved, put back each of the items you moved in this step, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. You don't have to put back the files you moved in Step 1.

Step 3

Move this folder to the Desktop:

Calendars

Note: you're not moving the Calendars application; you're moving a folder named "Calendars". If there's no change, put the folder back where it was.

If the problem is resolved after you move the Calendars folder, the event database is corrupt. You have these choices:

Restore the folder from a Time Machine snapshot or other backup that predates the corruption.

Use a third-party application such as Calendar Cleaner to try to repair the database.

For network calendar accounts, such as iCloud, all you should need to do is re-enter them in the preferences. For subscribed calendars, you only need to re-subscribe.

iPhone calendar not synching with Macbook calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.