Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bounce Audio To Video Issue

I have Logic 10.1.1 with Yosemite 10.10.2. I am unable to regularly export audio to movie. I receive either the error "could not export logic pro X audio" or a video that has some sound in the beginning with an all white screen, then video will start later. I've tried with several different codecs, new sessions with a single audio file, with loop on, with loop off, with an audio region selected, and various combinations. I had the same issue on OS 10.9 and upgraded hoping that it would be resolved, but it is not.

If I keep trying to export running through the variations, it will randomly export after about 7-15 attempts. I cannot lock down a method that regularly works.

I'm a skilled professional, with 15 years of experience with Logic and Apple. I am very tech-minded and cannot seem to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:13 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2015 2:49 AM in response to So Loud Music

I have a similar problem and found that the video in the resulting bounced file sometimes starts at the same time as the first bit of audio, in my case a midi region in the arrange page (I don't know yet if this would be same with an audio region) - so in the last demo I was bouncing I dragged the left side of a midi region earlier to get the picture to start earlier too.

Worked in this instance but I can't say how reliable it will be as a workaround - I started a thread here about the same issue:

Exporting audio to movie cuts off start of video

Aug 14, 2015 9:59 AM in response to zzzTimzzz

Hi-

Also wrangling this problem. Tried moving a midi region to the beginning of the movie and in my case that did not make the video bounce start there.

One interesting observation- The video that has been problematical is a short (1:30) promo. I'm also working on an 11 minute segment, and at that length, the export audio to movie command HAS worked properly. Haven't had time to mess with this aspect of the problem, but I'm curious what lengths of video others might be working with when the problem occurs.

MacBook Pro retina / 2.8 / 16 gb / OSX 10.10.4 / LPX 10.1.1

Bounce Audio To Video Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.