Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app for changing photo meta data?

Hi there

now that I can no longer batch change meta data within a set of photos, would anybody know of any apps that will allow me to do this? All I want to do it change the date taken meta for a bunch of photos

thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:57 PM

10 replies

Apr 30, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Nickholl

mmm... well i went through changing all the dates on my photos using the date change feature in the new 'photos' app. It did seem to work - at least with the batches I was dealing with. Eveything seems correct when views within photos on my mac. however.... none of the date changes are syncing across my devices 😟 Ive put a thread here - if anybody has any ideas as to why they've be very much appreciated - thanks - Re: date stamps appearing incorrectly on ios

PS: I just had a look inside the package contents of my photos library and there are no photo folder before 2001, but I've changed hundred to be way before that :-/

Apr 30, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Nickholl

How are you sharing with other devices? If you use PhotoStream then edits do not change the photos after it has been shared - it has to be resider - if you are using iCloud Photo Library the changes should be visible everywhere

PS: I just had a look inside the package contents of my photos library and there are no photo folder before 2001, but I've changed hundred to be way before that :-/

That one is simple - do not do that - there are no user serviceable parts in the library and you have no idea how it works - stay out of it - use Photos to look at you photos

LN

Apr 30, 2015 3:58 PM in response to LarryHN

I'm using iTunes to sync my photos. I do use photo stream as well and have have turned it off and on to see if it made any difference but it didn't. Ive even freshly synced my photo library to my iPhone and iPad via iTunes, but none of the date changes are copying across.

I only went into the package out of curiosity and would obviously never change anything within there (not long ago iPhoto would direct you there to see the originals - surprised they even let people do it!).

Im still deliberating whether or not to go to iCloud photo library, who knows.. perhaps the dates may show up correctly with that. But at the moment they're not using the traditional route 😟

May 3, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Nickholl

ooook - I just used the date renaming tool 'A Better Finder Attributed 5' to change the EXIF timestamp on one of my photos, dragged it back into Photos, and it synced across to my iPhone and DOES keep the correct date!

Which means there's definitely something not working with Photos date adjustment feature (and it seems just MY versions 😟 )

app for changing photo meta data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.