Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad plug loose

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have an IPad 2, about 2 years old. Up to date IOS. I have to fiddle with and prop the plug to get my IPad to charge, spending 5 or minutes to get it right. I've looked closely at the port and there is nothing in it; all of the bits seem fine with no obvious breaks or damage.

Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:20 PM

If it's wiggling around then it's possible that something physical is loose inside. If it is then you may just be playing luck of the draw until it breaks.

You can take it into your local apple store and have them check it out although all they may do is offer you an out of warranty replacement. Or since your warranty is up you can look for a local repair place and see if they can help you. THe downside of that, you will surrender your ability for an out of warranty replacement if a non-authorized repair place touches it. (then again, the out of warranty is the same model and if my iPad 2 were to break I would probably choose to put the 249 dollars towards a newer model than replacing a 3 year old one)

YOu may want to keep it synced regularly, just in case you do end up losing your ability to charge and sync you don't lose all your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 1:20 PM in response to sa_boston

If it's wiggling around then it's possible that something physical is loose inside. If it is then you may just be playing luck of the draw until it breaks.

You can take it into your local apple store and have them check it out although all they may do is offer you an out of warranty replacement. Or since your warranty is up you can look for a local repair place and see if they can help you. THe downside of that, you will surrender your ability for an out of warranty replacement if a non-authorized repair place touches it. (then again, the out of warranty is the same model and if my iPad 2 were to break I would probably choose to put the 249 dollars towards a newer model than replacing a 3 year old one)

YOu may want to keep it synced regularly, just in case you do end up losing your ability to charge and sync you don't lose all your data.

ipad plug loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.