Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best bang for the buck - earliest (cheapest) used MBP model for upgrading to a BEAST?

I'm seeking to purchase a Macbook Pro (17) for some light video editing in Final Cut Pro X. I want the best bang for my buck, so I'd like to find the earliest model I can to save some $ but at the same time get a model which has the best options for upgrading to something really good. Obviously I know that updating the RAM and hard disk to SSD (as well as converting the optical bay to another SSD) are the first steps, but I'd love to upgrade processor if possible, and if not, then that's a good place to start with the model I'll be looking for. I've heard that the matte screen is what I'm after, so I'm leaning toward a model with that in place.

Little help? Please feel free to toss recommended model numbers (and years). I'm fairly new to Mac hardware, but am a PC guy of many years, so my knowledge of general hardware is really good.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:56 AM

1 reply

Best bang for the buck - earliest (cheapest) used MBP model for upgrading to a BEAST?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.