Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie keeps returning failed error rendering -50

been trying to upload a movie to file like on my desktop and also i have tryed uploading to youtube but iMovie keeps failing with error rendering -50 what ever this mines i have no idea after each try iMovie jumps around where ever i click the mouse like the whole window jumps around to where the pointer is on the screen then just turns its self off ..... why o why did i upgrade to yoshmite iCloud has just made the whole computer process slow!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:53 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 3:42 PM in response to treedodger

Error -50 usually means that there is a corrupted clip somewhere in your project timeline. Try creating a new project and copying half of your problem project to the new project timeline. See if you can share this. If yes then the error lies in the other half. Continuing this process you should be able to find the problem clip. Some times simply copying all of the project (edit - select all) into a new one solves the problem, so it might be worth trying this first.

"after each try iMovie jumps around where ever i click the mouse like the whole window jumps around to where the pointer is on the screen then just turns its self off" I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

Geoff.

Apr 27, 2015 2:12 AM in response to GeeD

Hi there i've been trying what you have discribed in your reply but no the problem still appears everytime i try to share plays ok in iMovie but will not share tried without music tried different clips altogether but imovie will not share is there away i can remove imovie and reupload it i've gone through all the repair options to the mac filled the desktop up with parts of failed movies .. don't know what to try next, i think remove it and start again ..

Jumping around ok know matter where the curser is if you click it the imovie window jumps to centre its self to the curser like if you try to click on the header bar to move iMovie window it jumps to centre its self only does it after i have tried and failed to share a movie

terry

imovie keeps returning failed error rendering -50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.