Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roland TD-20 hi hat not working in Logic X

I recently purchased a new Mac (Yosemite) and Logic X, and I tried to connect my Roland TD-20 via midi for playing the drum designer kits.

The Roland triggers work for everything except the hi-hat. The center of the hi-hat seems to work, but the edge and pedal don't.

The Roland shows a signal (LEDs on the panel) being generated when I hit the hi-hat, but no midi info seems to be getting to the computer. I have seen similar issues on these boards related to earlier versions of Logic, but none that relate to the new Drum Designer.

I tried adjusting the hi-hat offset with no result.

I am a total newbie at MIDI setup, so I'm not sure what steps to take. Is this an adjustment I make in Logic or in my V-Drums?

I'm using a brand new Mac Mini with Yosemite, I'm using the M-Audio iControl for my MIDI connection, and my drums are TD-20's.

Thanks.

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:50 PM

Figured it out, in case anyone else is wondering.

I was using the producer kits, and in order to get to the Drum Kit Designer Input Mapping function, you have to open the track stack and click on the "overheads" track. THAT is where the instrument is, and you can get to the input mapping function there.

1 reply

Roland TD-20 hi hat not working in Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.