Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 headphone jack extender

I got my iPad Air 2 in December along with the Air 2 Smart Case. I love the case but have run into a problem. I recently tried plugging in another pair of headphones (not the Apple earbuds) into the headphone jack & found that the case will not allow me to push the jack in properly. There is not enough room around the headphone jack hole in the case & the jack opening on the iPad. Does anyone know of a good quality extender that will fit in the case and allow me to plug in third party headphones? Bluetooth headphones are not an option as I am using the headphones to record & mix music so I need there to be zero latency in playback.

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:16 PM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:19 AM in response to jazcan

After going to the extent of ordering an extender worried that third party headphones would not fit the iPad Air 2 with the Smart Case on, I ended up purchasing a pair made specifically for Apple devices:

Bose QuietComfort® 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones for Apple devices

I know the extender will work with any other headphones that have larger jacks so I'll keep it on hand. There have been quite a few postings in the Apple Store & elsewhere where folks were having problems getting certain headphones to fit the Air 2 with the smart case on.

My problem solved- no extender needed as the Bose headphone jack fits perfectly with the case on.

iPad Air 2 headphone jack extender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.