Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access my Apple ID

After installing Yosemite on my Macbook Pro (2009) I could only login as a guest. I created a new profile and can now get online, and am able to use email, FB, etc. However, I'm unable to access my hard drive that is hooked to the original ID (which I still have; didn't delete). If fact, I can't do anything via the original ID . No dashboard, status bar or anything . I only get the rainbow spiral after entering the password. I have done disk repair and permissions repair. I have many of the files backed up, but the laptop hard drive won't accommodate them as the drive has so much on it with my original ID, as are the apps I use.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:43 PM

When you go into MAC HD/users do you see a folder with your original username in there?

Also, you're saying you don't have access to your Apple ID, can you login to your Apple ID through icloud.com or id.apple.com?

Do you always use your apple ID password as your admin password?

2 replies

Cannot access my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.