Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 boxed with Yosemite

Hi! So I'm thinking of buying Aperture 3 boxed from Amazon. I've heard stories of how you can't run Aperture on Yosemite except Aperture 3.6. Will I be able to install Aperture from the box and then upgrade it so I can actually use it? Because I don't think they're shipping 3.6 in the box. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:05 PM

7 replies

Apr 22, 2015 12:49 PM in response to hashtagaiden

You may have an option. A friend was in the same situation.

IF you did not buy Aperture from the AppStore but the boxed retail version, you may not see the Aperture update at the AppStore.

Then give the App Store Support a call.

The update to Aperture 3.6 can only be installed from the App Store. but if you bought a boxed retail version, your copy is not associated with your AppleID and you cannot update directly. Ask the AppStore Support for a redeem code, so you can purchase the update for free. You will need to provide a proof of purchase for Aperture and insist to talk to the manager.

Apr 23, 2015 8:56 AM in response to hashtagaiden

OK, I will do that. But since Aperture isn't in the App Store, will it still work? Thanks!

It should. You're not seeing Aperture because you never bought it from the app store. When I look, it's under my purchases.

This is one of the biggest disadvantages of downloaded software is that you lose control of the ability to get the software later. Whereas software sold on disk can usually be acquired in the used market.

Aperture 3 boxed with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.