Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google drive causing battery drain?

I seem to have issues with google drive syncing app on macbook air 13" with yosemite. Battery life was showing 3 hours after full charge. I turned off google drive and it immediately jumped to 4 hours. Now it's been climbing up and shows over 6 hours. Is this normal?

Activity monitor told i didn't have any programs using lot of power. I would consider one syncing app using 50% of available run time to be quite considerable. Is this feature working properly?

I miss times when i could adjust frequency of checking for new mail manually and i hope it returns to all mac App Store approved applications with cloud syncing.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:32 AM

Is this normal?

Probably. Google has yet to demonstrate an ability to write efficient OS X apps and does not appear to have any motivation to do so. If you want the greatest battery life, avoid all Google products. Complaints regarding excessive battery drain go hand-in-hand with using Google. Here is one of many examples.

Google has one and only one purpose: to harvest your personal information and sell it to advertisers. They don't care if it results in degraded performance or poor battery life.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2015 2:32 AM in response to Petteri_M

Is this normal?

Probably. Google has yet to demonstrate an ability to write efficient OS X apps and does not appear to have any motivation to do so. If you want the greatest battery life, avoid all Google products. Complaints regarding excessive battery drain go hand-in-hand with using Google. Here is one of many examples.

Google has one and only one purpose: to harvest your personal information and sell it to advertisers. They don't care if it results in degraded performance or poor battery life.

google drive causing battery drain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.