Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do get back to FC Pro X 1.4

I am having slowdown issues with FC Pro 10.2 ! Am I able to downgrade back to the previous version?

Joe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 27 in i7 chip

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:20 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Joe Mcgarry

The easiest way is to have saved a copy of the older version, for yourself. (I always .zip the old version and store it before installing a newer version of FCPX.)

Beyond that, it's hard, as the FCPX app is licensed to YOU. If a third party were to send you an older version, it would not work without your license number. And... I certainly can't comment in this forum on how to defeat that. 😉 Sorry.

"Slow down issues?" Check here: http://www.finalcutprox.guru/FinalCutProX.guru/Blog/Entries/2015/4/16_FCPX_10.2_ Performance_Report.html

Apr 21, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Joe Mcgarry

Only if you have a backup of the old version and of your library with events before they were updated by FCP 10.2.

(After hearing of some reported problems with AVCHD clips in FCP 10.2 I made sure I had this before updating 'just in case'. As it turned out there were no problems with 10.2 nor any slowdowns.)

I think it may be better to investigate why you are getting slowdowns - can you be more specific?

Geoff.

Apr 27, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks! Russ!

i Returned my Mac to 10.2 which returned me to the 10.3 version of FC !

i just used TimeMachine!

But the slowdown only appeared in FC (the updated version)

my system specs are!

27 in iMac with 3TB fusion drive and 24 GB of ram with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB graphics card

it is a late 2012 Mac

3.4 GHz i7

FC is version 10.2!

How do get back to FC Pro X 1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.