Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep getting a Video rendering error: 10008 when exporting in Final Cut Pro X?

Why do I keep getting a Video rendering error: 10008 when exporting in Final Cut Pro X?

I'm using FCPX 10.2

Yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

500GB with 308GB free

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:10 PM

33 replies

Jul 19, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Str1cken

I'm afraid I can't follow these instructions:

"I went into the project file (right-click on project file, select "Show Package Contents") and found the export (Project File -> Event Name -> Shared Items) and I noticed that it ended at a particular place, right around the middle."

Went into the project file? What does that mean, exactly? If I look at all of my Projects, and put my cursor on any, right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Apr 28, 2015 12:17 AM in response to tony314

Since updating to FCP 10.2 I am getting the error Video rendering error: 10008 when I try to export to "apple device 720" or "apple device 1080". I can export fine to any of the other formats. I have already updated the apple pro codes to 2.0.1

I have looked at frame 10008 and can see no problem with it.

May 21, 2015 6:46 AM in response to tony314

Same problem here with the 10,2,1 version. Impossible to render in 720p m4v. It stops at 48% with the 10008 rendering error!

I see a post in april, we are now at the end of may! It's called pro, meaning we need it to work 'cause we have project depending on it... It doesn't make any sense for me that the problem is not solved yet... The version was updated 2 days ago and it still not work!

May 21, 2015 7:30 AM in response to masevigny

masevigny wrote:

Same problem here with the 10,2,1 version. Impossible to render in 720p m4v. It stops at 48% with the 10008 rendering error!

I see a post in april, we are now at the end of may! It's called pro, meaning we need it to work 'cause we have project depending on it... It doesn't make any sense for me that the problem is not solved yet... The version was updated 2 days ago and it still not work!

The "pro" part is marketing=speak for "includes lots of features most people do not need." It does not mean every need is met perfectly.

So I can try to reproduce your error, tell me what your source footage is, your project settings, and how you're getting to the share for m4v and I will try to emulate the issue on my system.

Hit google for Quicktime error 10008. It goes back many years so appears to an OS or fundamental QT error with a long list of unspecific, unrelated, and mutually exclusive causes.

May 21, 2015 7:42 AM in response to masevigny

I posted this to another thread. Let me know if it helps :

SO.

I just figured out mine.

PROBLEM : The original media had a glitched frame.

SOLUTION : I re-cut around it and exported successfully.

My extended process for solving this is below:

I'd been trying to export and it didn't matter how I did it, through Master File or Vimeo or anything, always had a problem.

So I duplicated the sequence and tried deleting big chunks of the sequence and just exporting bits and pieces. The first half exported fine. Most of the end exported fine. The problem seemed to be somewhere in the middle.

I wondered if the software had exported anything successfully and so I went into the project file (right-click on project file, select "Show Package Contents") and found the export (Project File -> Event Name -> Shared Items) and I noticed that it ended at a particular place, right around the middle.

I found the place in the sequence and went through it frame-by-frame. It went black for a few frames. Weird!

So I checked the source media outside of FCPX and sure enough there was a brief glitch - just a frame or two - in the original source media.

When I eliminated that from the sequence, it exported without incident.

I hope that helps at all! Write back and let me know if that solved your problem.

May 21, 2015 11:55 AM in response to Str1cken

I had the same problem, one of my video file was corrupt at a point where rendering stopped and send me the 10008 rendering error.

I put some other footage on top of the corrupt file (the sound was still good) and retry and Tadam it did the job...

Try to find a region with the orange bar in the timeline just under the timecode. If you get it and see that it never gets rendered, then you have the same problem I had. Just put an other video over or cut that sequence....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.