Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving a message, everytime I open iTunes, asking me if I want to accept incoming network connections.

After trying to delete the .plist I realised my iTunes had become corrupted and needed to be reinstalled. This may not be a fix for everyone, but here is how I uninstalled and reinstalled. iTunes comes preinstalled as part of OS X, and is considered “required” software by the operating system. If you therefore try to simply drag the iTunes application file to the Trash, the system will stop you and present a warning message. The warning is a bit exaggerated, of course. iTunes isn’t required for the basic operation of OS X. To disregard OS X’s warning and uninstall iTunes, navigate to the Applications folder and find the iTunes app file (/Applications/iTunes.app). Right-click (or Control-click) on iTunes and select Get Info. Locate and click on the padlock icon on the bottom right side of the window and enter your admin password. This is necessary in order to make changes to the app’s permission settings. Next, expand the Sharing & Permissions section of the window if it’s not already visible and change the privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write. This will give us complete control of the iTunes application so that we can override the operating system’s warning and delete it. Close the Get Info window and try again to drag the iTunes application file to the Trash. This time, there’s no warning, and the file is immediately trashed. Empty the Trash to complete the process. If you wish to reinstall iTunes, just launch the Mac App Store’s Software Update section (or the old standalone Software Update if you’re running a version of OS X prior to Mountain Lion.) With iTunes absent from your hard drive, Software Update will automatically offer to install it for you again.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:34 PM

There are no replies.

I keep receiving a message, everytime I open iTunes, asking me if I want to accept incoming network connections.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.