Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong audio levels exported when creating an AS-11 delivery

As per my subject, when exporting a pro ress hq for as-11 (4 mono audio), if I import referenced master audio (-18dBFS line up tone), the result of the share, creates a master file that's turned down each mono soundtrack down by -3db. Seems a bug as I can recreate it 100% and other people have posted of the complain. Can Apple fix this asap? I don't want my audio which I carefully mix for the client to be altered when the client exports a master. For clarity we use a role called as-11 and we create x4 sub roles (ch01-04)

can recreate using using other machines and different installations

Macbook Pro Build 10J567, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:12 PM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

SSorry Tom. This doesn't help me. I'm an audio Engineer and I know all about pan law. Fcpx doesn't seem to respect it when exporting the mono files I've pteviously imported (4 which I have not panned anywhere), I want them to output at the same level without having to tweak or boost any audio which is already been mastered.

Apr 22, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

No apologies mate. Thanks for keeping this thread active. I'm just hoping Apple will notice it and correct it asap.

Otherwise, I'd be interested in hearing how other people go about it, as otherwise all AS-11 deliveries mastered or made in FCPX will fail at the broadcasters end.

I've tried boosting the audio by -3dB, but the slider is inaccurate and produces inaccurate results (-2.9 or -2.8dB increases). Apart from the fact that I shouldn't have to, it is also tweaking master audio, which is a big No-no, as it all has to comply to True Peak and Loudness specs, and doing such adjustment will no longer guarantee it.

Wrong audio levels exported when creating an AS-11 delivery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.