Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X update messed up

this screen shot is from my home iMac, and the same is happening with my office MacPro for over four months now (started with Yosemite I guess)!

always shoed me the same updates, and installed them over and over again, what the heck?

User uploaded file

Power Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:58 PM

7 replies

Apr 22, 2015 2:24 AM in response to SafwanM

This probably means the updates have not been installed.

To check go to About This Mac

click on System Report

and navigate down to Software then installations

and it will list what has actually been installed

it is sometimes better to install updates from the Apple Support download pages, although

some updates are still only available through the App Store.

Apr 24, 2015 4:48 AM in response to SafwanM

Yeah you are just showing me a screenshot from the app store update page, which you showed me before.

I asked to see a shot of your installations under the About Your Mac, System Report,Software,Installations.

So as I mentioned before if the update shows as available to download then it has most probably not actually downloaded and installed.

disregard the notice in the Updates installed in the last 30 days, this often happens with the App Store losing the connection.

You should try to download again, and monitor the progress, it took me 3 attempts.

OS X update messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.