Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini will not turn on for some reason.

I have my iPad mini, and for some reason it will not turn on. Earlier this morning it was on and working just fine, and then when I got it to get on it and play some games, it was not responding and the screen was just blank. I have no idea why it is doing this, so I would like to have some answers, because in class we need it sometimes, aka algebra. (It is my own personal iPad, not the schools)

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 12:20 AM

What have you tried ?

Assuming that the battery isn't empty (it can take about 15 minutes of charging before it will respond), then have you tried a soft-reset to see if that gets it to boot up ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2015 12:20 AM in response to Burke_22

What have you tried ?

Assuming that the battery isn't empty (it can take about 15 minutes of charging before it will respond), then have you tried a soft-reset to see if that gets it to boot up ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

My iPad mini will not turn on for some reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.