Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording Electronic Drums Audio (Yamaha DTX502)

Hi Folks,

I've browsed some of the other threads about this topic and I am just trying to confirm some things. I'd like to record the audio of of my drums (so my own drumkit sounds, not the MIDI stuff) into GB. Is all that I need a 2x 1/4 inch - stereo/line in cable (running from my L/R outputs on my drum module to the jack on my macbook)? Then would I just add an Audio Track, hit record in GB, and start playing? Is it really that simple? I'm also trying to figure out what the added benefit is from an Audio Interface, as some people are suggesting those? I'm literally just trying to record myself playing if that makes any difference. Thank you guys so much in advance!

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:48 PM

Feed_Me_Zhers wrote:

Hi Folks,

Is all that I need a 2x 1/4 inch - stereo/line in cable (running from my L/R outputs on my drum module to the jack on my macbook)? [...] Is it really that simple?

only if your macbook has a line-IN, many of the newer machines don't, check the specs on your model.

if it doesn't then you would need an audio interface to provide the line-IN, and the appropriate cables.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Feed_Me_Zhers

Feed_Me_Zhers wrote:

Hi Folks,

Is all that I need a 2x 1/4 inch - stereo/line in cable (running from my L/R outputs on my drum module to the jack on my macbook)? [...] Is it really that simple?

only if your macbook has a line-IN, many of the newer machines don't, check the specs on your model.

if it doesn't then you would need an audio interface to provide the line-IN, and the appropriate cables.

Recording Electronic Drums Audio (Yamaha DTX502)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.