Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text notification sound not working for 1 individual

A few days ago my iPhone 6 plus stopped giving me notification of texts received from only 1 individual from my contacts. The person I text the most. I am getting the default alerts from all others, it's very odd. I checked the settings and their profile and it's as it should be. It's not even vibrating.

Help?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:14 PM

Open the text thread with that person. Tap Details in the upper right corner. Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled for that person?

4 replies

Oct 11, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Jami Danell

I'm currently having the same issue. I verified that my Do Not Disturb on the phone is disabled and also for the contact I am not receiving notifications or alerts from. My phone does this every now and then and then it will just start working again. I have tried switching text tones and turning my phone off and then on again. And then switching back to the text tone I had originally. My next step is to take it to Apple if I can't find a solution on here.

Text notification sound not working for 1 individual

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.