Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Tones into iTunes 12.1

How do I import a m4r ringtone into iTunes 12.1?

I cannot get it to upload when I "add to library" and on drag and drop I get a "+" but the tone doesn't import.

If this question has been asked before (which it probably has), please point me to the discussion.

THANKS!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mac 9.5

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 6:29 PM in response to Rysz

Yes, I am. No matter what I do, it does not appear in the Tones library in iTunes. When I connect my phone the tone I attempted to import isn't available to check from that Tones link either. I'm on a Macbook Pro, 10.9.5 but I have also attempted this on my Mac Mini 10.9.5. I've used Macs for over 10 years and have never had this problem with iTunes before.

Apr 21, 2015 7:26 PM in response to hitechprincess

There's alway a first time for everything :-)

The only time I've seen this type of behavior (ie, the + showed up, but nothing was actually added) was with identical music tracks that already existed in iTunes. I also experienced cases when importing video files with the (compatible) .m4p suffix, but the file was some incompatible version of .m4p and nothing happened, not even a warning about incompatibility.

If you have any audio utilities that can convert music files to ring tones, try running your files and re-save them (again) as ring tones. I'm not sure if QuickTime player can do that...

Importing Tones into iTunes 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.