Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro

I have had Windows computers since 1990 when I built my first computer. I have a degree in electronics and never wanted to pay the premium for a Mac. My son kept pushing me to get one so finally I decided to get a MacBook Pro. I ordered it on the 14th being told I would receive it yesterday or today. I had to call back to request faster shipping which they said was no problem.

The reason I just bought one was that I need a reliable computer and mine is not running as it should. I also called and added a mouse just in case we need some time to get used to the pad.

Now the MacBook Pro will be here approx. 2 weeks later than originally told. I also wonder why I should buy one now when the my gen5 Intel processors should be in the MacBook Pros in a few months.

What would YOU do? Buy a used one until the new ones are out? Keep the one I will have in a few weeks and sell that one when the new ones come out or?

I appreciate any help I can get. This is my first Mac and it's not been a fun experience. They did mention I do have the mouse and Super Drive which I guess I can play with until the computer arrives. ;-)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3, Waiting for it to ship.

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:14 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Amaverick

I would cancel the order (or return it within the 14 day return period) and buy a Windows computer. You don't sound like this is something you really want, you aren't happy, and the only reason you seem to have ordered one was because someone else pushed you to get one. I like my Mac, your son likes his, but that doesn't mean you should. Get what you will be happy with. It's a lot of money to spend if it isn't what you really want.

Apr 21, 2015 7:25 PM in response to FoxFifth

If I wanted a new Windows computer I would have one. So your advice should be aimed at someone else. I am paying close to 4K for a laptop I want it to be the newest and best. I have read a lot of posts regarding the video card not working as it should or not running good. The 5th gen will give me about 2 more hours of battery time plus the increase in power.

"Intel aims to launch the Broadwell CPUs for the mobile platforms first which include Notebooks, Laptops and Tablets since the architecture is efficient enough to be implemented in small form factor and handheld products. Previously leaked details show that the Broadwell processors would have a TDP of just 3.5W at minimum. The Y series will have up to 2 CPU Cores (4 Threads)? and 4MB of L3 Cache with GT2 GPU. Memory will be 8GB-LPDDR3-1600 and TDP a lowly 4.5W. This can be further reduced to 3.5W in some configurable models. This kind of ultra low tdp would give astonishing battery life in Netbooks and Tablets and we cant wait to see the results."

Read more: http://wccftech.com/intels-5th-generation-desktop-broadwell-processors-feature-i ris-pro-graphics-unlocked-design/#ixzz3Y06eFzJB

New MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.