Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random video has appeared in gallery - help!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before...

I have discovered a video saved on my phone in the 'Video' album in photos but not in the camera roll. I have never seen this video before (and it's a really strange video of an old man blowing a kiss) and the date it's saying it was saved was September 2013 at 22:24. I got my iPhone 5c in November 2013 so this was before I even had my phone and when I updated my phone in September 2014 everything got wiped as I forgot to back it up.

I don't have icloud set up with photos only contacts and my calendar. So I don't understand where this video has come from, and I'm worried that maybe it's been put there as I've never seen it before!!

Is there a logical reason for this? I'm concerned as its a video of someone I've never seen before and it's really creepy.

Please help!

Thank you

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Try deleting it by holding down on that weird video and pressing the ✖ button.

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 4:11 PM in response to Elizzajane

There was a long thread of about something similar on this site before (old man blowing kiss vid), but the use stopped replying to any of our emails a couple of days later so we never could figure it out. I'm guessing though based on how similar it sounds maybe this is just a stock video that came on the device or on a computer that you've synced the phone with.

Apr 21, 2015 11:53 PM in response to gooballala

Its a really odd video though, it's filmed as a selfie and is only 3 seconds long so I really doubt it's a stock video. I would remember someone sending me a video like that, and I have no idea who the man is.

I bought my phone directly through Apple so i'd hope no-one had my phone before me.

I'm assuming it's nothing to worry about but it just was really freaky because the video is so creepy...

Random video has appeared in gallery - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.