Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete pictures from my iPhone to free up space?

How can I easily delete photos from my device. It has a small storage, so I fill it up quickly with pictures. I connect to my Air and import with delete upon import checked, but since I have photo stream, most photos are already there, so it doesn't import much.

I connect to a windows machine, and navigate to My Computer -> my iPhone device -> DCIM and delete the contents (it doesn't let me delete folders, so I go into each and delete the picts). This frees up some space, but i still have my photo stream out there. How do I delete that.

Also, I have a 5G device. I added up all my applications (list under Settings -> General -> Usage) and all that adds up to a bit over 3G. Where is my other 2G going. Is the O/S that big?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 8:50 PM in response to stephenfromreno

Quick Fix: Go to Settings -> General -> Spotlight Search -> uncheck Messages and then press the Home button. This should disable all pictures from appearing in the search. Guaranteed Fix: Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.

This will erase everything on the phone.

This is the only way to "clear" the search results.

To delete pictures from iPhone permanently, you can use a iPhone data eraser. iPhone data eraser tool can easily wipe, erase, deleted data from iPhone,the ios data eraser supports erase iPhone text messages, contacts, photos, videos, account info, password and other personal stuff.

iPhone Data Eraser is such a tool to perform a permanent data erasing on your iPhone.

how do i delete pictures from my iPhone to free up space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.