Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore text messages to pc from icloud

need to be able restore my text messages (that were previously deleted without my knowledge). only have icloud and my pc

iPhone 5s, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:41 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2015 6:16 AM in response to egbobsin

Do you have a backup from before they were deleted on your computer or in iCloud? If so, you have to erase your phone and restore it from the backup that was made before the messages were deleted to get messages back. There is no way to open your backups and get to the messages stored inside without restoring everything else from the backup too.

1. To erase your phone: Make sure you have a backup of any new photos and data since the backup you are restoring from! Then go to Settings > General > Reset > "Erase All Content And Settings". Your phone will erase and restore itself to the first time setup screen.

2. To restore from iTunes: Plug your phone into your computer with iTunes open. On the About/Info. screen, there is a button to restore device from backup or set up as a new phone. You will need to select restore from backup and select the backup you want from the drop down menu. iTunes will replace all of your content from the backup and the phone will reboot.

3. To restore from iCloud: After your phone is erased, one of the first time setup screens will say set up as new phone or restore from backup. Choose restore from backup and sign into your Apple ID. Your iCloud backups will appear and you can select one to restore from (from before you lost the messages). It will download and restore the backup you select and then reboot.

how to restore text messages to pc from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.