Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install iTunes 12.1.2 on Windows 8.1 x64

Solved problems installing the latest iTunes.

Problem was experienced by myself and a number of other.

After downloading iTunesx64Sepup.exe (for older video cards) from Apple's download site I still had problems getting the installer to run under Windows 8.1.

I had tried removing iTunes and all remnant of prior installations. Tried Revo Uninstaller Pro. Still tearing my hair out couldn't get the install to complete.

Finally, I ran the "Take Ownership" of the 'C:\ProgramData\Apple\Installer Cache' folder on my Windows 8.1 system.

Voila!!! Install now completed successfully and my iTunes is operational again.

iPhone 4, Other OS, Windows 8.1 x64

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:07 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2015 5:31 AM in response to Rhubarb01

That's great.

I've been installing iTunes on my win8.1 x64 laptop for hours. But the installation can't complete, and keep showing the following messages:

• The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503.
  • The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2502.

Do you know how to 'Take ownership' of the folder..😟

Install iTunes 12.1.2 on Windows 8.1 x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.