Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse right click not working

am i the only one? after downloading the latest os x updates, i'm unable to do any secondary click (right / left) with the magic mouse...tried everything via internet trouble shooting & even spoke with apple support...i have an appointment with their genius bar but there must be a way??? any advice apple fam? thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:22 PM

21 replies

Apr 22, 2015 3:29 AM in response to foolishman

No, you are not alone. I had exactly that situation with my magic mouse on my 27 inch iMac after the recent update of Yosemite.

I assumed it must be the mouse - just over a year old, so surprising.

But searching this forum I found the helpful posts suggesting deleting the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file from Preferences. (Use Finder to go to your hard drive, open Library/Preferences and look down the long list of files to find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. Drag a copy to your desktop, just to be safe. Then delete it from the Preferences. Restart your Mac and the file will be recreated.)

It's surprising that Apple staff aren't aware of this.

magic mouse right click not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.