Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages v.5, trouble with section break placement

I have a document in which the first two pages should have no pagination, the Introduction is page 1, with the number placed bottom center, and the following pages should be numbered from 2, placed at upper right.

I thought I knew how to do this. The first pages now lack page numbers. At the end of the material of the second page I do a section break. Then for the next page, which is an Introduction, I insert a page number in the center of the footer. Next I should do another section break. This I do. A blue runs from the last word to the right column. In the footer of this page I insert page number 1.

Unfortunately, this "1" becomes a permanent property of the footer of all subsequent pages as if I had simply typed "1". I click on the header of the following page, go the menu, Insert->Page Number

so that the next number, 2, appears in the header.

If I place the mouse pointer at the end of the text of the Introduction and do a section break,

MacBook Air, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:52 PM

1 reply

Pages v.5, trouble with section break placement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.