Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mode stories?

i Have a 1st gen iPad mini and it is calling for a update to app called "mode stories". I have not put this app on my iPad and I don't know how to delete it. Is there any other apps that would use this app?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:03 PM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2015 11:24 PM in response to Nova_66

Exactly the same happened to me yesterday: this strange app, Mode Stories, required an update, while it was never installed and is not showed up in the manage storage. I have a 1st gen ipad mini, updated to iOS 8.3 . I did not proceed to update the particular app. How can this app be downloaded / installed without user's consent? Any violation of privacy terms???

Apr 22, 2015 11:16 PM in response to Sixteensummers

That's true, but the content of the two apps is hughly different!!!!! One is for food, the other is for something ... I can't describe!! So the update is useless !!!! Or someone is pursuing us to follow a totaly different field. I can't figure out the reason behind this update.If I install the update I'm loosing the recipes 😕. Also I dont want to delete the Foodie app. How can I stop this update from appearing??? Thanks for your answers.

Mode stories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.