Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 10.1.1 Fragmented Windows (Arrange, Mix, etc.)

I'm having serious trouble working with some Logic Pro X 10.1.1 files. The windows fragment, "stutter", show pieces of my desktop image in the pane's frame, etc.

It doesn't happen with files created on my machine (Mavericks 10.9.5, Logic Pro X 10.1.1), only with files created on computers in my University's lab, where

the same version of Logic Pro X (10.1.1) is running on Yosemite machines. No other applications are misbehaving. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Any tips?

(10.9.5, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, I'm wearing a green and blue shirt, just drank black tea...)

User uploaded file

THANKS!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:04 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Pancenter

Mine is a 15" MacBook Pro Mid 2012, not a Retina.

The lab has:

27" Late 2013 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVDIA GeForce FTX 775M 2048 MB, running Yosemite 10.10.1

and

25.5-inch Mid 2011 2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR 3, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

That's a significant difference in video cards. This is probably the issue?

I appreciate the reply.

Apr 22, 2015 9:36 AM in response to blipdoc

Even though there is a difference in video cards you should not have this corruption, if you can run the same version of Logic on all machines and have enough RAM you should not be seeing this. It's almost as if Logic on the lab's computers is saving projects with the newer video routines in Yosemite, but that really can't take place.

I was wondering if your Macbook had the dual video processors, one hardware, one software based... the soft based video was on laptops to conserve battery life but I'm not sure if it was on non-retina MBP's. Not speaking from experience but what I've read in this forum, if you do have soft based video as well as the nVidia hardware there's a setting in OSX preferences that allows the computer to run only the hardware based video, that's what you want.

Logic Pro 10.1.1 Fragmented Windows (Arrange, Mix, etc.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.