Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message forwarding not working after installing iOS 8.3

Hello,

Is anyone having problems activating text message forwarding to a Mac (Yosemite 10.10.1)?

Before the last OS and iOS updates I used to be able to receive my text messages and phone calls on my Mac, after the updates the Mac does not show as an option in Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding , only my iPad shows up and I haven't even updated that one.

The phone does not show in the Messages>Preferences>Accounts window in the computer either so it is like they aren't linked anymore.

Both devices are setup to connect to my iCloud and are signed up to my iTunes so I really don't understand why they are not able to see each other.

I thank you in advance for any help

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 8:34 AM

Im having this same issue and everyone says turn on text message fowarding under messages.. Well I do not have that option on 8.3 there is no text message fowarding. HELP this is crap apple pushing out updates that break things!

fowarding???message forwarding anywhereUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file..

5 replies

May 5, 2015 10:41 PM in response to JCXChi

Hi! Just go to Messages Application on your Mac, go to Preferences>Accounts. Sign out of iMessage then back in. Then go to the iPhone and if you do not see Text Message forwarding have the option, sign out from your same Apple ID you used on your Mac, then back in. You should see the option available again, turn the desired mac option on in Text Message forwarding then you should see a six digit code come up. Good luck, I hope that helps! 🙂

User uploaded file

May 6, 2015 12:44 PM in response to TheBrain1983

Thanks for your posting, unfortunately this hasn't worked for me (believe me, I have logged in and out of iMessages and of my AppleID multiple times and logged in computer first, phone first...).

I don't have the option of my phone number in my iMessages account, as you can se below, I can activate text messages coming form my email accounts but not from my phone.

On the phone side, I don't have my Mac listed in the "Text Message Forwarding" screen.

I haven't even made it to the 4 digit verification code because the computer and the phone don't seem to be able to find each other.

User uploaded file

Text message forwarding not working after installing iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.