Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The Nightly Show" multi-pass has stopped working

Beginning April 6, my multi-pass subscription to "The Nightly Show" stopped working. My account still indicated I had episodes remaining in my subscription, but they did not show up in my "purchased" tab, and when I looked on the show page, the buttons showed the price and not the word "Download" as it should since I already paid them. Later that same week, my multi-pass for "The Daily Show" developed the same problem. I emailed Apple Support, but received a message explaining how multi-passes worked and that I'd probably just let mine run out, despite my clearly saying my account still said I had episodes left.

I wrote it off, though, since my episodes suddenly showed as purchased the same day and all downloaded. The following week, the same problem occurred, just with "The Nightly Show," except this time, it didn't resolve itself on Friday. I'm now missing five episodes I should have (I can tell, because in my "Manage Passes" screen, "The Daily Show" is still incrementing as it downloads, but "The Nightly Show" remains at "9 more episodes in this multi-pass).

I have no idea how to resolve this. There's some kind of problem on the back-end, but with a two-day turnaround time, it's just as likely to suddenly fix itself if I try to go through the iTunes tech support email, and I doubt they're in a position to unplug and replug the iTunes server. I saw other support posts from 2011 with a similar problem, but they couldn't do anything about it but complain, either. There's a convenience element for me downloading the shows from iTunes rather than streaming them from Comedy Central, but problems like this wipe that out.

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:04 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2015 11:10 AM in response to David Gian-Cursio

I've had the same problem, too. I did email iTunes support on 4/8/15, but it had resolved itself for the first time, as happened with you, by the time I got a reply. But when it happened again, I wrote on 4/14. I'm still waiting for a solution. I was told twice this week (4/21 and 4/22) that the multi-pass was only for 8 episodes. I've sent in 3 screen shots that show this is not the case, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm about ready to report this to my credit card company and to stop purchasing multi-passes since, as you noted, this wipes out any convenience elements.

Apr 22, 2015 4:57 PM in response to David Gian-Cursio

Sure enough, I checked my "purchased" screen this evening, and all of the missing "Nightly Show" episodes were available for download. Complaining seems to be the magic wand. We'll see if this continues happening or if the system continues to have these hiccups.

If I had to pick, I'd choose the other bug where my multi-pass would renew and then attempt to download all ~1500 episodes of The Daily Show that iTunes carries over this one. That, at least, I could fix on my own.

"The Nightly Show" multi-pass has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.