Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled acetone over my magic mouse

Hello everybody! Looks like someone here is a little bit clumsy: I spilled acetone over my magic mouse. But it's OK! It still works! Though, unfortunately, it's now with a horrible stain and I don't know how to fix it, or if this thing will cause any damage to my mouse. It's horrible!!! Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done? Thank you.

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:01 PM

8 replies

Apr 22, 2015 10:53 AM in response to seventy one

The magic mouse is, despite this dreadful accident, on his surface, brand new as its first day (I bought it last month). My concern is if it will affect the "engine". Kappy said it will. Take a look at the picture I posted (please) and you'll find out that it's bright as a new one, and working as if nothing had happened to it. Let's wait and see. Thank you, seventy one!

Apr 22, 2015 11:43 AM in response to CPPJ

I would never argue the toss with Kappy, who is one of our most senior contributors. But looking and magnifying the picture, I would say you may get away with it.

But at the end of the day, if you have a problem, that would be the cause. If you don't, you would have got away with it. In either case one of us has turned out to be right ... but no more than that.

Your original question asked how to resolve it. We have both answered that.

Spilled acetone over my magic mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.