Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Folders on Mac Photos app not supported on iCloud.com

Hi all,

I have jumped in and enabled iCloud Photo Library on all of my devices (Mac, iPhones, iPad). One of the things I like about it is that it supports the same "look" on all of my devices. It even allows me to create Folders on the Mac that can hold Albums of similar content. For example, I have a folder for each one of my kids, and under that folder are albums that pertain just to the events from that child's life (1st birthday, 2nd birthday, first day at school etc).

But when I go to iCloud.com, the folder structure is not supported. All of the albums appear at the same level as all of the folders - and the folders themselves are empty. Worse, there is no rhyme nor reason to how all of the albums that were "ejected" from their parent folders are sorted - it's one big hodgepodge. So instead of having 5 folders with 10 albums in each of them, I have 50 albums scattered among 5 empty folders. It's insane.

Tell me please that I missed something in setting this all up. Or is this an oversight that OF COURSE Apple will correct right away!

Rob from AZ

Mac mini (Late 2012), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:57 PM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2015 6:36 PM in response to rwhiffen

I called Apple Support today and the tech rep said that he had not known of this issue. He was sympathetic but ventured an opinion that this may not be a high-priority item to be fixed, since most people don' t use folders. He did say he would report it - in fact, he said that this was the most important call he'd had all day, because he uses folders too.

FWIW, I notice that the "iCloud for PC" app does not yet even support seeing the Photos Albums at all. Right now it is one version back, only supporting My Photo Stream and albums under iCloud Photo Sharing. That's not the same as supporting "My Albums" from the Albums tab. Hopefully this will be fixed someday too.

But I'd be happy just to get the browser version, on iCloud.com up to parity. Hopefully more people will reply to this thread.

Rob

Album Folders on Mac Photos app not supported on iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.