Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD Install Woes

MBPro, 13”, Mid 2012

2.5 GHz i5

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

OSX 10.95 (13F1066)

I tried installing a 500GB SamSung SSD 850 EVO which has been a PITA.

1. I formatted the SSD using Disk Utility, [“DU”] then using Carbon Copy Cloner [“CCC”], I cloned Mavericks, 10.95 from a 3.5” back-up to the SSD.

2. I then installed the SSD into the MBP but the SSD will not boot.

3. I have tried Repairing the install on the SSD using DU and keep getting errors. e.g.

• “Unapproved Caller. Security Agent may only be invoked by Apple ...”, followed by a blank white screen.

4. I reformatted the SSD using DU and re-cloning from the b/u and CCC says:

“The backup task was aborted because the destination filesystem is malfunctioning.This error is often associated with a physical hardware problem, such as a bad cable, bad external hard drive enclosure, or failing hard drive....”

Before sending the SSD back for a replacement, is there anything else I could/should try?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 13" MBPro late 2012, i5, 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:47 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2015 1:33 PM in response to Macadamiamac

Macadamiamac wrote:

...1. I formatted the SSD using Disk Utility, [“DU”] then using Carbon Copy Cloner [“CCC”], I cloned Mavericks, 10.95 from a 3.5” back-up to the SSD...

When you "formatted" the SSD, did you actually create a new partition and, with the Options button, give it a GUID partition table and then give it a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format? The SSD likely came as an MBR drive, not a Mac compatible GUID drive.

SSD Install Woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.