Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mount Encrypted Folder

Hello, I am currently trying to pull information off of my desktop hard drive, which happens to be encrypted. The OS on the desktop is Ubuntu Linux 14.04, and it is encrypted using eCryptFS. I have pulled the drive out and plugged it into my MacBook Pro externally, but it seems there is no way to mount the encrypted folder, located at /media/home/.ecryptfs/USER/.Private.

I am able to load Ubuntu in Virtualbox and use [sudo ecryptfs-recover-private] to find and open the files, but when I try to copy them, it crashes when it gets to larger files, making the process unusable / extremely daunting and slow.

Is there a way to mount this encrypted /home folder from Ubuntu on my Mac (which is currently my only available computer)? I have tried installing Ubuntu in dual-boot, but graphical errors and glitches prevent this from happening.

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), I have Developer Tools / xcode

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:06 PM

There are no replies.

Mount Encrypted Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.