Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long Time to See Apple Logo on Boot

Since upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.3 The boot time on my Macbook pro has greatly increased. Specifically the time from the "bong" to seeing the Apple logo seems to be an eternity. I checked around and didn't see any other specific questions like this, although I did see some complaints about long boot times and beachballs. In my case, once I get to the desktop everything seems to behave as it did before the update.

I went through the console messages and I didn't see anything obvious, but there were a few things that seemed to stick out:

4/21/15 7:15:55.451 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.alf) The HideUntilCheckIn property is an architectural performance issue. Please transition away from it.

4/21/15 7:15:55.735 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.mbloginhelper.user) This key does not do anything: OnDemand

4/21/15 7:15:55.735 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.mbpluginhost.user) This key does not do anything: OnDemand

4/21/15 7:15:56.777 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Service "com.apple.ManagedClient.startup" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.ManagedClient.agent" from owner: com.apple.ManagedClient

4/21/15 7:15:56.816 PM mds[60]: (Server.Warning:445) No stores registered for metascope "kMDQueryScopeComputer"

{Repeated several messages again including the HideUntilCheckIn warning}

{7:15:57 seems to begin normal boot, checking graphics modes, etc}

{this is the message that has me wondering}

4/21/15 7:15:57.782 PM TabletDriver[208]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.3 instead of 10.10.3. Use NSProcessInfo's peratingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number. Call location:

Not sure if these have any relevance to my issue or not. The console log is fairly large and I don't want to post the whole thing, in the interest of not overwhelming everyone.

Anything I should look for?

One other thing is that I can't seem to hide hidden (.) directories/folders even when I change finder using the " defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true" command. This is fairly minor though. I'm much more concerned that the boot time could be something major.

thanks.

Message was edited by: K0JEG to fix linefeeds in logs

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:31 PM

Select Macintosh HD as the Startup Disk.

“Set the default startup disk” http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1310

Reset PRAM. http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18761?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

2 replies

Long Time to See Apple Logo on Boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.