Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD will not sync with itunes-just suddenly occured

My ipod suddenly will not synch. I started with ipads (air and Ipad 2) and they were fine. Then did ipod classic 160. OK Then IPod 80 not ok. Plugged cord into pc directly, no help. Rebooted, no help

I have the itunes6464setup.exe file--if I "install" over the current file, will that work. I think I updated itunes just the other day. I really do not want to do a full reinstall out of fear I will find a mess to work with re: structure of my files.

Any thoughts for the easiest way to get this back working?

I was surprised that one minute its working fine, the next minute its not.

I see a number of recent question son this issue--is there some systemic problem with itunes and ipods? We know Apple has chosen to not make ipods anymore--that's a shame, and Apple will not service Ipods for things like battery replacement-that's shameful. I like my ipod 160 cause I have a huge library of music and educational mp3's. anybody have a solution for that--can we get a new battery and replace ourselves or does someone specialize in that?

TIA

iPod classic, 80 gig apparently a "vintage"produc

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:48 PM in response to hal56

I see a number of recent question son this issue--is there some systemic problem with itunes and ipods?

My iPod classic is syncing fine, so I don't think Apple is "out to get us", yet.

We know Apple has chosen to not make ipods anymore--that's a shame, and Apple will not service Ipods for things like battery replacement-that's shameful.

A lot of those little shops that repair phones will also replace the battery in your iPod. There's a number of online vendors that do this also. I would make every effort to get your iPod classic operational again, IPod classics are valuable, costing over $700 for a new one.

I like my ipod 160 cause I have a huge library of music and educational mp3's. anybody have a solution

Millions of other people are in the same situation. There is no replacement or alternative product for the iPod Classic. I know of one person that took to iPod touches and duct taped them together to try to hold his music.

Suggest you send feedback to Apple regarding the iPod classic. Be nice. Your message will be read.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Apr 21, 2015 9:44 PM in response to Ziatron

Thanks--here is what I did--I ran my antivirus and malware software and super anti spy and did a full cleanup--and the ipod synch started working again.

I was an early adaptor to Apple with a 2e and then one of the first Macs. --I do not know what I will do without my ipod classics. Use them on planes, vacations, jogging, even in bed.

I wonder how many folks would buy another ipod if apple would update it.Make it a bit smaller and perhaps even improve the output quality,

I have a recent nano without the wheel which just s not easy for me to use. Not as fast as using the apple wheel. The company has been innovative indeed. I am hooked but would love to have what I am used to, improved by time not drastically changed.

and I do not want to use my phone for music.

Apr 21, 2015 11:35 PM in response to hal56

I wonder how many folks would buy another ipod if apple would update it.Make it a bit smaller and perhaps even improve the output quality,

I had always assumed that when the iPod Classic was discontinued it would be replaced with something better. (256GB Flash and a Lightning connector.) I was wrong.

My problem is like many others, Apple makes NO portable device that will store my 150 GB of music. (Their competition does.) Even an iPhone 6 only has 128GB, Max. So, what Apple could do in 2009, they CANNOT do in 2015.

Nicely express your concerns to Apple using the links below. They will be read.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipod.html

IPOD will not sync with itunes-just suddenly occured

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.