Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to configure Google Mail in OSX Mail

Running Yosemite on my iMac.

I am unable for some reason to configure Gmail in OSX Mail. I did this easily on my Macbook Pro, but for some reason the same steps cause things to error out.

When I attempt to add the GMAIL email to my OSX Mail, it will look as if it's creating it, but then comes back with a message that says that Mail and Notes can not be configured. Yet when you look in the OSX Mail, the inbox is there and the label/mailboxes are there. But, there is no Archive (All Mail) as I have on my Macbook Pro also running Yosemite.

Any clues on what i can do?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 8:16 AM in response to korkyk

The MacBook Pro problem was fixed by removing Google from the Internet Accounts and Mail. Then adding the Google account back and gong back to Mail to configure the account. Why it went south? Don't know.

This doesn't fix my iMac problem however, which is very unusual, seeing that I have the same version of Yosemite and Mail running on both computers. On the Mac, it just won't setup the Gmail account.

Unable to configure Google Mail in OSX Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.