Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extracting music from older (not iCloud compatible) iPod- old PC was damaged & I want to be able to add/ remove songs using my new PC (can't unload software properly- PC damaged beyond repair).

I have an old iPod that was associated with a PC that has been destroyed (I didn't unload iTunes from it before it was damaged). I know that if I plug the iPod into my new PC, it will erase all of my old material.

Is there a way to extract the material from my old iPod, load it onto my new PC, and be able to manage my music & keep it on my iPod?

I have an iPhone, but do not want to load all of the music onto that; my iPod (though older) still works perfectly fine. I just need to be able to add/ remove songs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:25 PM

There are no replies.

Extracting music from older (not iCloud compatible) iPod- old PC was damaged & I want to be able to add/ remove songs using my new PC (can't unload software properly- PC damaged beyond repair).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.