Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2015 MBP 13" Force Touch unresponsive from waking

As of late, I've noticed that upon waking the laptop from sleep, the force touch pad doesn't respond to tap input. Tracking/scrolling and gestures seem to be recognized, but single clicking on it yields no response, that is until I restart the computer. Oddly enough, two-finger taps bring up the right click menu as it normally does, but the cursor isn't recognized by the floating menu through the highlighted visual cue as it normally does.

My system specs are as follows:

MBP 13"

3.1 Intel Core i7

16GB RAM

Intel Iris 6100

I use a Wacom tablet with their wireless receiver, and thankfully the clicking input responds on the Wacom upon waking. I am however unsure if that is the cause of my problems, but seems unlikely as the trackpad isn't completely unresponsive.

Can someone shed any light as to what might be the cause or how I can fix this issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:05 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2015 8:42 AM in response to jonSpectacle

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Early 2015 MBP 13" Force Touch unresponsive from waking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.