Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse jumpy/lag/stutter/glitchy (macbook pro)

I just recently brought a Magic Mouse from the mac store, and I'm about to take it back. I've seen lots written about similar problems, jumpy/lag/stutter/glitchy mouse, but none recently that I could find. And none that have fixed my mouse.

The Problem:

My mouse is often jumpy, unresponsive and unusable. It jumps across the screen, either laggy or in a stuttering motion. I will then use the trackpad since I cant use the mouse and the trackpad works perfectly. So i know it's not a process running, or the laptop running slow.

It will sometimes work if it's just been sitting there a long time, like if I come back in the mornings it may work well for about 10-15 minutes, but then stop.

What I've tried: (With no luck)
- Multiple services, the desk, books, mouse pad etc.

- Changing batteries

- I even tried a trick of putting paper between the batteries because apparently the connections are bad and can cause the mouse to disconnect.

- I upgraded to the mac beta testing OSX, someone had tried that and it worked for them, it did not for me.

- One guy slams the mouse on the table and it fixes it... I didn't want to try that.

- I have compressed air, cleaning out the sensor etc.

- Having the bluetooth forget the device then reconnecting it

- I've also connected other bluetooth devices and had no issues in the past

- Resetting the pram and smc

- Prayed to Lord Jobs offering a sacrifice

My Macbook Pro:

Yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

I like the look and feel of the mouse, and when it works it's great, so I hope i'm not forced to get some ugly logitec mouse or something...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Magic Mouse

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 1:02 AM

Then take it back, Frankie. It is covered by a 12 month guarantee. But having said that, they will test the mouse in the store before replacing it ... and that may show you if you have set it up wrong or done something else.

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 1:09 AM in response to frankythefingers

Well, they have to, really. How else would they justify the cost of the 'free' replacement. Thing is, if you live near an Apple store you really must use their facilities. That is why you pay their prices for a quality item.

Don't think of yourself as being a nuisance, there is a certain entitlement in buying Apple ... and you are entitled.

magic mouse jumpy/lag/stutter/glitchy (macbook pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.