Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to bridge only one port on the tc?

I'm using my TC as my router. The problem is my iptv does not work since I bought it. My isp recommended me to bridge only one port on the tc and connect my digital box to that port? Is this even possible?

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 6:04 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Bob Timmons

After I bought the tc, my tv stopped working. I've previously had an ethernet cable to my digital box from my previous router. Didn't work with the tc as my router. So, my isp told me that it -should- be possible to bridge only on port on the tc and connect my digital box to that port. But after reading a bit I don't think its possible to bridge only one lan-port, either the tc is in bridged mode or not.

So i decided to go with a switch instead, and connect the ethernet cable from the telejack to the switch, and connect the switch with the tc and my digital box.

I hope I managed to explain well enough, but my problem should be solved. 🙂

Apr 25, 2015 2:38 PM in response to Thaniz

But after reading a bit I don't think its possible to bridge only one lan-port, either the tc is in bridged mode or not.

Correct, we already told you that this is not possible.

So i decided to go with a switch instead, and connect the ethernet cable from the telejack to the switch, and connect the switch with the tc and my digital box.

Thanks, without being there and seeing the setup, I'm not able to understand what it is that you are trying to do. If adding a switch solves your issue, that would be great.

Is it possible to bridge only one port on the tc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.